Skincare is the utmost need not only for a woman but for a man too. At times of today, when there has been rapid increase in the levels of pollution, skincare has become highly essential for a healthier and clearer skin. It has become the foremost priority to use right type of skin care products. Including Glycolic Acid Products in your skin care regime is considered to be very beneficial especially for acne prone skin. Also since it is responsible for skin peeling it buffs away the dead cells easily and regenerates skin.
Science behind Glycolic Acid:
Let’s be a bit nerdier and talk about some science here. Beginning from the nomenclature of glycolic acid, this product is yielded from cane sugar. It also comes under the active group of compounds and is known as AHA’S (Alpha Hydroxy Acids). The reason for using this acid in treatment of blackheads, dullness and oiliness is that can penetrate deeply into skin and make the skin healthier.
If you try your hands at using chemical peels consisting glycolic acid then it might prove to be very effective. You can try using some of the lower percentage of Glycolic Daily Exfoliator (7.5%) products, because it is less risky in usage as compared to chemical peels. You can go anywhere from 3.5% to 10% of glycolic acid based products as per your comfort. The mechanism of this acid when used for treating skin problems reacts with the top layer of the skin and breaks down the affected, pigmented layers by repairing the cells together.
There are chances that you might experience some redness after using glycolic based products however this phenomena is very normal. This being an over the counter chemical peel, can be used at home easily.
Best Glycolic Acid Products:
- Clarity Rx Restore It 7.5 Percent Glycolic Exfoliator, check here
- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, check here
- Exuviance Performance Peel AP25, read its review here
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, check here
- Exuviance Glycolic Expert Moisturizer, read its review here
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, check here
Glycolic Acid Peel Benefits:
- Offers depletion of the dark skin cells
- Buffs away dead skin cells
- Helps in removing blocked pores and pimples
- The products enact a role of effective catalyst which block the way of dead skin cells to proliferate further and is regarded as the real acne treatment
- Aids in reducing fine lines and marks of early aging by improving cell regeneration
- Great for acne scars react early
- It can enter deeper and remove dead cell barriers and skin dirt